So, I decided to read an advance copy of Brad Feld’s newest book Startup Communities: Building an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem in Your City.
Brad’s book was inspiring, motivational, educational and super helpful. I’m a firm believer in the power of entrepreneurs and I believe that planting startup seeds and cultivating those seeds inside a strong ecosystem is the best defense against any macro-economic malaise.
FullContact graduated TechStars Boulder in 2011, but we located FullContact in the heart of Downtown Denver for a reason.
One of FullContact’s raisons d’être is to galvanize the startup community in Denver and connect it more fully with the community in Boulder.
This book got me even more psyched about the next twenty years and made me realize we’re still in the early years of our journey.
Before you read any further, go ahead and click here to pre-order the book. Don’t worry – this blog post will still be here when you get back.
Still debating whether to order the book or not? Well, here’s a quick helpful guide:
- Do you run a startup? Buy the book.
- Do you work at a startup? Buy the book.
- Are you thinking about working at a startup? Buy the book.
- Do you want your city to thrive economically? Buy the book.
- Are you a doer that simply gets things done? Buy the book.
- Do you work in government trying to figure out how to make your newly elected leader’s economic policy work? Buy the book.
- Are you a service provider (lawyer, accountant, recruiter) that depends on thriving businesses? Buy the book.
- Are you an angel investor? Buy the book.
- Are you a VC? Buy the book.
- Are you a community manager? Buy the book.
- Are too many of your friends unemployed? Buy the book.
- Are you unemployed and thinking about starting a company? I’ll buy you the book.
Get the picture? Go buy the book. Then go do something to help the entreprenurial ecosystem in your city.