Earlier this year, I joined the board of Colorado Technology Association (CTA). Since then, I’ve been working hard with CTA to bridge the gap between the more established IT community and the startup community in Colorado.
In the past 6 months, CTA has been up to some pretty cool things involving startups:
- Made it FREE for startups to join CTA. If you haven’t done this already, go ahead and join - this blog post will be here when you get back.
- Sponsored the EPIC Denver Startup Bash held on Sep 6th, 2012 – if you weren’t there, you really missed out and be sure to attend the next one!
- CTA has been helping out Startup Colorado and Denver Startup Week
Now, CTA is announcing something totally awesome for startups — a $25K award for the best product demo at DEMOgala on October 25th, 2012.
Below is the information from CTA, but if you’re a startup, I strongly encourage you to sign up now. You’ve only got a few more days!
What is the DEMO Challenge?
Do you have a new hot technology that you want to share? Can you demonstrate it in under 5 minutes? Could you use $25,000? Then apply for the DEMO Challenge on October 25th. Selected companies will come together for the chance to demo their product and for the first time in DEMO Gala history, join the running for a chance to win $25,000. Whether you are searching for your next demo opportunity, or just like to check out the hottest tech companies in Colorado – this is the event for you!’
What do I have to do? Apply! Complete and submit the online form below by the Sep 26th deadline!
What is the selection process?
- A judging panel will review all applications and select 25 who will be invited to give their pitch to the judges live mid-Oct.
- The judges will select 18 finalists to complete in The DEMO Challenge on Oct. 25th. The format and process will be crisp that day: 4:30 min pitch, judges scoring based on standard criteria during the pitch, 4 mins for judges to ask questions.
- The audience will use Denver Startup Wayin.com to cast their votes during the live 4:30 minute on-stage (expecting 1000+ attendees) for each of the 18 finalists. The winner will be announced at the end of the day.
Who are the judges?
- Chris Franks, Moblify
- Erik Mitisek, NextGreatPlace / Startup Colorado
- Jim Deters, Galvanize
- Jim Franklin, SendGrid
- Jon Nordmark, UsingMiles
- Steve Foster, President and CEO, Colorado Technology Association
- Rod Saunders, CST Advisors
What are you waiting for?
Worst case scenario is that you get some free publicity and some practice pitching your company!
Go sign up now!
**DEMO Challenge signups have now closed. Please check back next year!