You have a Denver startup, a growing team, and an innovative product. You’re working in a basement or a renovated loft near downtown. You plot world domination over happy hour beers at Denver Beer Company.
So how do you get some traction in the local community, instead of just sticker bombing coffee shops and wearing your company t-shirt on the light rail?
Here’s five easy steps to traction:
1. Put your startup on the map. Literally. We have a collective Google Map going for Denver startups, so that everyone knows who is here and where they’re located. Your first beta tester, mentor, or reference customer might be on this map.
2. Sign up for the Downtown Denver Startup Kickoff Bash on September 6 from 6-9 P.M. at the Tavern Downtown/Cowboy Lounge (1949 Market Street). Hundreds of startup employees and founders together, having a great time and listening to a big name band (can’t tell you who yet). Admission is free for employees of Denver startups.
3. Get involved in the first annual Denver Startup Week, October 22-26. Startup Week is a week’s worth of events focused on showcasing Denver’s entrepreneur community in tech, design, business, and sustainability. Startup Week is organized by a committee of local entrepreneurs in conjunction with the Downtown Denver Partnership and Colorado Technology Association. Each day will feature a variety of independently sponsored events, and there will be a pub crawl between offices of different startups.
4. Sign up for a free membership to the Colorado Technology Association (CTA). CTA’s membership has traditionally been established software and IT companies, but that’s changing. Free membership is a great way to make important connections in Colorado, as well as get your events and products publicized in a calendar that reaches over 8,000 Colorado IT executives. If you’re a startup who wants to start punching above your weight class, CTA is a perfect springboard into the world of bigger, established companies. You can also reserve a booth to showcase your product.
5. Sign up for the 8th Annual DEMOGala. DemoGala is like Denver’s debutante ball for startups and our version of TechStars Demo Day in Boulder. DEMOGala includes 18 live demonstrations/pitches by promising startups from around Colorado. It also includes speeches by a variety of influential leaders in tech and business. Your CTA membership gets you free tickets to this and other big CTA events, like the Apex Awards and C-Level.
Check back soon for more Denver tech updates.