We are proud to announce that FullContact for iPhone and iPad is available today in the App Store.
In January of 2014, we announced that FullContact acquired Cobook – the unified address book for iPhone, iPad and Mac. For the past 12 months, and with some blood, sweat and tears, we have been hard at work to fulfill our promise of integrating Cobook and FullContact to deliver the best possible experience for all our users.
Here are some of the things we achieved as a unified company for those of you who use iPhones and iPads:
- We’ve optimized the FullContact experience for the iPhone and iPad, and we built a great app around that experience
- You can now add photos and social profiles to your iPhone and iPad contacts
- You have the ability to backup and safeguard your contacts, no matter which device you’re using
- You can sync contacts and tags between your FullContact iOS app and your FullContact address book on the web
- You can enable native contact syncing via CardDAV
- You can unify contacts between your iPhone, iPad, Google, iCloud, Twitter, Xing, and more
- Review updated contacts right from your iPhone or iPad
- Business card transcription is included in the app so you won’t need a separate card scanning app
- View social feeds for your contacts
- Company information about your contacts will be displayed when available
- You can search and sort contacts by name, date modified, date created, and date contacted
- You can even manage your contacts offline if you need to do that
We think we’ve combined the best features of Cobook with the best features of FullContact. Now, your FullContact contacts, tags, and account settings sync to every device and platform that FullContact works with – iPhone, Gmail, Web (and soon – Mac and Android). Our goal is that it just works for you.
And, by the way…
One of the most exciting (and technically challenging) improvements is the shift from a local storage model to a cloud-based model. With the added responsibility of storing your contacts in the cloud, please know that we take your security and privacy extremely seriously. Read FullContact’s Five Laws of Privacy if you’d like to better understand how we protect your contact data.
Thanks for reading, and stay tuned because FullContact for Mac and FullContact for Android are coming soon!