In April, FullContact joined Colorado Technology Association (formerly Colorado Software Internet Association) as members and I personally joined as a member of the Board of Directors.
When CTA first approached me, I was a bit skeptical, as I’d worked with CTA before and its membership has traditionally been comprised of very established software and IT companies (i.e. – they wear suits and ties – and usually together!)
Honestly, I didn’t know what I could contribute as a member of the flip-flop, t-shirt and wingbandit wearing community.
However, after meeting with Steve Foster and Wendy Nkomo, I was convinced: this was a new CTA that was eager to reach out and really engage with the startup community. Steve wanted me to be a liaison to the entrepreneurial startup community. I happily accepted.
Thus far, they haven’t let me down and I’m excited for things to come.
In addition, CTA made membership for startups 100% FREE for the first year!
As a member, startups can receive benefits like:
- Free Tickets to a signature event of your choosing ($500 Value) – great events like the Apex Awards, C-Level or DemoGala.
- Access to contact details of other CTA members
- Listing in CTA’s online directory
- Events and Product launches publicized in CTA’s calendar (reaching over 8,000 Colorado IT Executives)
- Press releases and announcements
- Access to exclusive events
Down the road, we plan on doing some pretty cool things for CTA member startups like:
- Helping connect startups with their first big customers (we’ve got 8,000 IT organizations in need of solutions)
- Getting real beta testers and users for your product
- Demo and Pitch events with awards and investments at stake
If you’re a startup in Colorado and you’re not in CTA, you should be. It’s a no brainer. To sign up, click here.
After the first year, there’s no obligation to remain a member, but hopefully CTA demonstrates enough value (and you have enough revenue) that you’ll happily convert to a paying member.
As always, feel free to ping me with feedback or questions about CTA’s startup program – firstname.lastname@example.org.