Using Pipedrive CRM with FullContact
Simple. Straightforward. Functional. Pipedrive CRM.
For agile businesses coming to market, Pipedrive is a simple, yet powerful sales pipeline management tool. Loved by small and medium sized sales teams, it’s a CRM built by salespeople for salespeople. With Pipedrive’s software, you’ll stay organized with prospects, contacts, and outreach—allowing you to execute the important details while still maintaining a solid overview of all sales.
When it comes to fusing Pipedrive CRM with FullContact, Pipedrive makes it seamless to import and export from their web based-app. On FullContact’s side, we also make it very straightforward to import and export contact files from the FullContact for Web app.
Additionally, Pipedrive integrates with Google Contacts, Google Calendar, and other Google apps—and for us at FullContact, we integrate bi-directionally with Google too, keeping your Google Contacts account(s) syncing smoothly.
All that being said, you have a few options when it comes to using FullContact’s services to enrich your Pipedrive contacts—you can either import / export manually OR keep everything syncing via Google.
For the sake of import / exporting your contacts, below is a step-by-step framework for exporting the contacts in your Pipedrive account, importing them into FullContact, then letting our services pull basic demographics, beneficial occupation info, and helpful social network profiles for your contacts.
First, export your contacts via the following link.
You can easily export deals, organizations, people, products or activities from Pipedrive as a CSV or Excel file; however, the permission to export these items is only enabled for administrators by default.
To export everything on your account, you would need to go to Settings → Export data. Keep in mind that all your exported data will include all custom fields and their respective values for each item.
Afterward, you’ll want to make sure the CSV file is of a supported file type for our software. Right now, we only support just a few different CSV formats. You can find our current formatting here.
- If you run into any import mishaps in the web app, just download the CSV file format that we have provided, then you can append your current data into this spreadsheet to upload.
Once you have this file handy, go ahead and login to your FullContact account to import it:
- Click + Add Address Book (left-hand side dashboard)
- Select Import from File
- Select the Pipedrive CSV file from your desktop
Et voilà! We’ll sync in those contacts.
After your file has been successfully imported, just let our software run its magic. We’ll take the contacts that you’ve supplied, find publicly available data, then provide updates (which we will flag in the Updates tab on the left-hand side dashboard).
If you’re a free FullContact user, we’ll search for updates on a monthly basis. If you’re a paying (Premium) FullContact user, we’ll seek daily updates! To upgrade your FullContact account to Premium, you can do so here.
Once your contacts have been enriched, you can simply export this file then import it back into your Pipedrive account. To export from the web app, click on the gear next to your imported file (underneath All Contacts) → Export Contacts… → select Google .CSV → Export.
To import data from your exported FullContact file back into Pipedrive, here’s a link with helpful import info.
- Navigate to Settings → Import data.
- Click Import from file. The Data Import page opens.
- Based on the data that you want to import, open the Deals, Organizations, People, Products (beta), Notes (beta) or Activities (beta) tab.
- Click Choose file to open your files.
- Select the file that you want to import from your FullContact account.
- Click Upload file to upload the file to Pipedrive. The Deals import sheet page opens.
- Click the column headers to select titles for each column.
- If the imported column headers match the field values in Pipedrive, then the respective titles are automatically selected. If the auto-recognition failed for any of your fields, you can easily select from the drop-down, or click Add custom field to properly label your content.
- (Optional) When you select the Stage, Status, Visible to or Owner column, then the Solve the puzzle dialog opens, where you can match the imported data with the values in Pipedrive.
- (Optional) Select Exclude first row if the first row of your spreadsheet consisted of column titles.
- Once completed, hit Looks Good. Import!
Now that you’ve re-imported your file with improved contact data, you’ll want to mass-merge your duplicate contacts (those from your pre-FullContact enriched list and those from your post-FullContact enriched list).
There is a way to merge two contacts at once, which you can read about here.
Otherwise, Pipedrive does a feature called “mass merger” that can be enabled per customer request. When their team enables this “mass merger” feature, you’ll be able to view the option to choose Find and Merge Duplicates for contacts and organizations at the bottom of your list.
To contact their support team to have this feature enabled, here’s a link to their Support Center.